Celestica Releases its 2020 Sustainability Report
The report demonstrates Celestica’s commitment to fostering a company-wide culture of sustainability focused on supporting people, the planet and the communities in which it operates. Prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards, Celestica’s 2020 Sustainability Report can be viewed at www.celestica.com.
“It is up to all of us to drive meaningful change if we are to succeed in mitigating climate change and supporting a more sustainable and inclusive world,” said
Highlights from Celestica’s 2020 Sustainability Report include:
- Setting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets in line with climate science and the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Decreasing Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 21.3% from 2019.
- Achieving a waste diversion rate of 92.5%.
- Averting 10,000 metric tonnes of CO2e through renewable energy projects.
- Implementing robust safety processes and protocols in response to the COVID-19 pandemic for employees working onsite, while supporting remote employees.
- Volunteering over 18,800 working hours in local communities and over 125,000 hours since 2015.
- Bringing diversity and inclusion into focus and further incorporating it into our culture, workplace, and talent practices.
- Logging approximately 1,500,000 training hours in 2020.
- Strengthening our governance position by embedding board level strategy and oversight into our ESG management system, which included enhancing ESG elements in our financial disclosures.
- Conducting a board diversity survey and confirming a board gender diversity target of 30%.
- Enhancing our own reporting to include alignment to the
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board(SASB) and a preliminary disclosure to the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures(TCFD).
For further information on
This press release contains forward-looking statements related to our commitment to sustainability and ESG matters, and related initiatives, targets and priorities. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the
The forward-looking statements contained herein are provided to assist readers in understanding management's current expectations and plans relating to our sustainability and ESG initiatives and objectives. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and are based on management’s current expectations, forecasts and assumptions, which are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors (many of which are beyond our control) that could cause actual outcomes and results (including achievement of the goals and aims described herein) to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements, including, among others, risks relating to: our ability to implement our sustainability and ESG goals as planned; the effectiveness and impact of intended actions; the cost of implementing intended actions; the impact of changing legislation, regulatory initiatives and social responsibility and sustainability initiatives generally; as well as risks related to our operational and financial performance (which may impact our ability to achieve such targets, goals, objectives and/or commitments). For risks and uncertainties related to our operational and financial performance, as well as further information concerning forward-looking statements, please refer to our various public filings at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov, including our most recent Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations, and our most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with, and subsequent reports on Form 6-K furnished to, the
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on various assumptions, many of which involve factors that are beyond our control. Our material assumptions include those related to our ability to successfully implement our sustainability and ESG goals as planned, and the effectiveness and impact of intended actions. Although management believes its assumptions to be reasonable under the current circumstances, they may prove to be inaccurate, which could cause actual results to differ materially (and adversely) from those that would have been achieved had such assumptions been accurate. Forward looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
All forward-looking statements herein are expressly qualified by these cautionary statements.
Celestica Global Communications(416) 448-2200 firstname.lastname@example.org Celestica Investor Relations (416) 448-2211 email@example.com
Source: Celestica International LP